Where is the water filter frs24wscb
Good Afternoon Friend,
I understand you want to know where the water filter is located on your Frigidaire refrigerator, model# FRS24WSCB. The water filter is located in the top back right-hand corner. To change filter follow the instructions below:
It is not necessary to turn the water supply off to change the filter.
1. Set ice maker lever (wire signal arm) to the OFF (up) position.
2. Hold filter cup firmly, and unscrew counter clockwise. (Some water could leak out as you remove cup. This is normal.) Filter cartridge should come down with cup. If cartridge remains in housing, pull down gently, while twisting filter back and forth.
3. Empty cup of any substance.
4. The large o-ring that seals the filter system sets in the o-ring groove down inside the cup. Should the o-ring fall out during filter cartridge replacement, simply place it back in the groove prior to screwing the cup back in place. If the o-ring becomes damaged, you will need to order a new one from the Consumer Assistance Center.
5. Discard old filter cartridge.
6. Remove new filter cartridge from packaging, and install.
7. Place filter cartridge in cup. The end with the small o-ring should be up, out of the cup.
8. Screw cup, with filter, back onto housing. Do Not Use Wrench To Reinstall Cup. Filter cartridge will self-align as cup is tightened. Be sure cup is completely tightened with PureSource Plus Logo facing outward. Do Not Tighten Past Stop.
9. Set ice maker level on the ON (down) position.
10. Check for leaks. Open refrigerator door. Wipe any water drops from the filter cup. Run a glass of water. If there is a leak, unscrew filter cup, and reinsert the filter cartridge. Check placement of large O-ring. Reinstall filter cup, making certain it is tightened completely.
11. To condition filter system and purge air from water line, run several glasses of water through water dispenser. This will also assure that the purest water possible is stored in water tank.
I ask that you please follow up with a comment on the post, at your convenience, to advise if further troubleshooting is needed or if your appliances status has changed successfully. Hope this is helpful.
on Jun 09, 2015