I assume you have this in a motor home/RV that's where they were used mostly. That error code is not a standard code. If you call Samsung you will be told it has to be serviced by a tech and they don't know what the error code is. In 4 years I've never been able to find a answer to E A1
besides have a service tech look at it, and mostly/always they end up recommending replacement.
If someone else at FIXYA knows different I too would like to know.
Sorry..don't like being the bearer of bad news but I wouldn't want you to throw parts/service at something and end up replacing it anyway.
Check internal fuse. If it's ok, one of the internal door switches, the high voltage circuitry, or the circuit board may have a problem. Diagnostics and repair might be quite complicates so better you take it to a repair service. You have some interesting Youtube video tutorials to repair a microwave
If "everything" works and your microwave just stopped heating, the problem might be with the internal door switches, the high voltage circuitry, or the circuit board or quite probalby your magnetron is dead. If you don't have the technical knowledge to repair microwaves, you should take it to a repair service for diagnostics.
This is a microprocessor problem in the appliance. It can often be reset by unplugging the device, waiting 10 minutes and plugging it in again. If that doesn't work, you will probably have to replace the appliance (cost to buy a new one in usually a lot less than trying to get it repaired).
You can order new "cap handles" (the plastic parts that join the aluminum handle to the door for 3.99 each plus 8.99 shipping and handling at the Sears Parts Direct Website. The part number is DE67-00222C. When you have the parts in hand, open the microwave oven door. On the inside surface of the door their is a black plastic frame around the door that pops off easily (gently use a screw driver to pry up the door frame) so that you can have access to the screws that attach the end caps to the door. You will need to hold the remant of the cap handle (the part that is probably broken off even with the glass surface on the outside side of the door) still while you unscrew the screws. Once the screws and broken remnant of the handle caps are out, you are ready to put new handle caps on the handle, then put the handle with the new handle caps on the door. By the way, Samsung was absolutely NO help with this. The agent I chatted with denied that their were any reports of the handles breaking off, so I had to cut and past the postings about the door handle breaking off ON THEIR OWN WEBSITE under "Community Q and A" into the chat box -- still the agent did not acknowldege the existance of these reports...or the possibility of a poor design. I asked for them to send me a couple of the $4 parts as a good will gesture....got nothing but lofty words about Samsung commitment etc. and only a authorized technition blah blah, no action. All you need is a strong thumbnail, a phillips head screw driver, new handle caps.
Does this happen while you are cooking on the range burners under the control panel?? These type microwaves have a heat sensor built into them in the area of the control panel bottom. If the microwave control gets too hot from cooking on the stove below it the heat sensor will turn the fan on to keep the control panel from getting heat damage. The fan should go off after everything cools off.
HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY OVER THE STOVE SAMSUNG MICROWAVE. LOOKED UP ALL THE ANSWER'S AND CHOOSE THE ONE I THOUGHT BEST AND EASIEST. ITS A MOISTURE (STEAM) PROBLEM FROM COOKING ON THE STOVE. TAKE THE TOUCH PAD APART (AFTER UNPLUGGING AND FINDING THE VIDEO ON U-TUBE THAT SHOWS YOU HOW TO DO IT) ITS EASY. I JUST TOOK THE RIBBON (MINE IS GREEN) SEPARATED IT FROM IT SELF AND PLACED A PIECE OF PAPER IN BETWEEN SO THEY DON'T TOUCH. HAD TO DO IT TWICE BECAUSE I DID NOT SEPARATE THEM DOWN FAR ENOUGH. I ALSO BUT A PIECE OF FOAM IN THE PANEL UNDERNEATH THE CIRCUIT BOARD BECAUSE OF THE HUGE GAP FOR STEAM TO GET IN. IT'S LASTED 4 MO, THAN STARTED FLASHING SE OCCASIONALLY BUT BY OPENING THE DOOR AND PUSHING STOP ITS FINE. THIS HAPPENS MAYBE ONCE A WEEK. I THINK IF I GO BACK IN AND RE-SEPARATE THE RIBBON IT WOULD STOP AGAIN BUT IT'S REALLY NOT ENOUGH TO BOTHER ME. GOOD LUCK
Well the relay to energise the magentron is stuck on closed. You have main board problem. First check that board, the microcontroller is responsible for the relay via a switching transistor of FET. You have a shorted FET/TRN as well. Can't believe the tech did not check that. Thanks