20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
HP Photosmart C8180 - Ink System Failure - Oxc18a0101
i had exactly this error message. Rang HP. They said it was a hardware failure, they couldn't fix over phone, would cost 2x cost of new printer to fix, but they offered me 20% discount on new printer if ordered over the phone.
But with some fiddling, problem now resolved. Here's what I did:
- press Red Eye Removal and Print Photos button together
- goes to Mfg Commands -> Enter Special Keys Combo. Press OK
- uaiux Support page (some code) -> click right arrow key until you get to System Configuration Menu - click oK
- should say hardware failure status - click OK
- says hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear
- I clicked OK on this and system reset itself and problem was solved
on Sep 24, 2016
The black cartridge leaves blank lines while printing
This usually really means that you have clogged ink inside the delivery tube for the black ink flow to the inkjets. VERY Hard to repair, but since you still have ink flowing, switch to blk ink printing such as lots of text, and keep printing it out to see if it will clear out the dried ink in the micro tips. You can't change out the printer roller in this unit. I know, that frustrates me too! This may take a bit of time to do!! Also make sure your printer blk is up to date with new computer 'read' tabs, if not it can create read problems in the system. If you refill inks at a store, which of course is cheaper, make sure they also install the reader tab on the ink block.
Hope this helps!
on Apr 02, 2015
Not finding what you are looking for?