Tip & How-To about HP DeskJet F380 All-In-One Printer
You need the following items to clean the print cartridges:
• Distilled water (tap water can contain contaminants that
can damage the print cartridge)
• Cotton swabs or other soft, lint-free material that will not stick
to the print cartridge
Be careful not to get ink on your hands or clothing as you clean.
To prepare to clean
1. Open the HP Deskjet cover.
2. Wait until the print cartridge cradle moves to the
center of the HP Deskjet and is idle and quiet.
3. Remove the print cartridges and place them on a piece
of paper, with the copper strips facing up.
CAUTION: Do not leave the print cartridges outside the HP Deskjet for more than 30 minutes.
To manually clean print cartridge contacts
1. Lightly moisten a cotton swab with distilled water and
squeeze any excess water from the swab.
2. Gently wipe the print cartridge copper contacts with the cotton swab.
CAUTION: Do not touch the print cartridge ink nozzles. Touching the ink nozzles will result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
1 Ink nozzles (do not touch) 2 Copper contacts
3. Repeat this process until no ink residue or dust appears on the swab.
4. Insert the print cartridges in the HP Deskjet, and then close the cover.
Posted by Irwan... on
Sep 21, 2014 | HP Deskjet 2512 All-in-One Printer
Aug 11, 2008 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 04, 2014 | HP PhotoSmart C3140 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 04, 2011 | HP PSC 1510 All-In-One InkJet Printer
If you need more help come back.Post /
thumbs / testimonial are
Nov 24, 2010 | HP Photosmart 2575 All-In-One Printer,...
6,381 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!