Question about Sony Dream Machine FMAM radio with iPodiPhone dock (ICFCL75iP) Clock Radio
My wife's unit has the same issue - tried the firmware update (from Sony's website) and their suggested fix with no luck. Still works as a digital picture frame, but wrong date and stuck time kind of disappoint.
FYI - Suggested fix for stuck date/time:
Remove backup battery.
Leave for 30 seconds.
Plug back in and then put battery back.
Set date and time.
Didn't work for me, but maybe you'll have better luck.
Posted on Oct 08, 2011
I got the frozen time/date issue too. I am in Australia. After months unplugged I plugged unit in, right time was showing, but it was still frozen. I had the 1.1 update firmware in place from trying to fix unit 6 months back. (not applicable for Aust. if my memorys correct)
Though this is exactly what I did there are probably unneeded steps here....
1) With backup battery in still in place I did 1.07 firmware update. I didnt pull the SD card then press Enter to restart the unit when instructed
Instead I disconnected the power pack (then the SD card), waited a minute then restarted.
2) Tried to fix time/date, It didnt work So I pulled backup battery. Surprisingly the "no battery" icon wasnt showing on main screen as expected.
I then again disconnected the power supply, waited a minute then restarted the unit once again. Unexpectedly 11.03 was the startup time showing (not the default 12pm or the correct time of 10.43... residual memory from when battery was in perhaps??). I unplugged power supply again, waited 1 min then plugged in again
3) Now with the battery out I just applied the default time/date (12pm 1/1/09) then waited in hope of seeing time would now begin to advance. (The "no battery" icon was now showing on main screen) Sigh, It didnt! BUT...
4) After then spending about 15 - 30 minutes online searching for a fix I noticed the time had advanced to 12.01. As I watched it changed to 12.02!!
5) Cautiously I then corrected to the right time of day. It worked! & kept advancing! So couple of minutes later I cautiously then fixed the date. It worked!
6) Its now about a nearly an hour on. Midnight just passed, the date has moved forward as well. My fingers remain crossed.
NB... I am guessing all thats required is to unplug/re-plugin the unit, without the battery in, then PATIENCE!!
Perhaps something inside resets itself ?? Or perhaps any residual memory from when battery was in finally goes, allowing time to now be reset??
Who knows! But its working now!!
Hope somehow this works for you too
Posted on Jan 06, 2013
I have a unit doing the same thing, has anyone had ANY luck with this problem??
Have tried all mentioned, battery out for days etc, format, factory reset, date keeps going to 2009 and the time freezing.
Posted on Aug 29, 2012
This has just happened to me also.
I tried updating to the latest firmware (1.10) and still no luck. What a useless device.
Posted on Oct 30, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 16, 2012 | LG Ericsson LIP-8012D 12 Button IP Phone
Sep 18, 2011 | Sony Dream Machine FMAM radio with...
Jun 27, 2011 | Sony Dream Machine FMAM radio with...
Jun 21, 2011 | AT&T ATT1739 Digital Answering Machine
Mar 08, 2011 | Sony VAIO Laptop
May 23, 2009 | Sony Cyber-shot® DSC-W120 Digital Camera
Feb 09, 2009 | Sony ICF-C318 AM/FM Clock Radio ( White )
Jan 21, 2009 | Polaroid i830 Digital Camera
3,364 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: