Question about KitchenAid KSB5 Ultra Power Work Top Blender
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Someone else suggested a link that explains exactly how to unthread the old coupling... and it works. It took me about 90 seconds to fix my blender. But in case that link is dead, here's a summary:
(1) Note that the coupling (the round part with teeth) is threaded to the blender motor in reverse to a standard threading. So it screws off just like a bottle top, but in a clockwise direction.
(2) place the blender base on a tabletop, facing you. You should probably unplug it.
(3) take a punch or a flathead screwdriver, and place it against one of the coupling teeth that is furtherest away from you.
(4) strike the back of the screwdriver with a small hammer or maillot. The result will spin coupling clockwise. It may take several tries, but the coupling will eventually spin clockwise faster than the motor, and it will begin to unthread.
(5) unscrew the old coupling, and screw the new coupling into place (counterclockwise). Note that the new coupling will tighten itself every time you use your blender, so no need to worry about tightening it too much.
(6) Make a smoothie to celebrate your success!
Posted on Nov 10, 2007
SOURCE: I have a Waring BB185
I was trying to help you out here. Maybe this will help some? I was going backto some customers that asked questions in the recent past and even fartherback. It appeared that no one answeredsome of them, So, I thought I would take some of my personal time to see if Ican help. Even though this Informational site may not have your exact model orbrand, this site will help you a lot. Here is a site link about everything you want to know about blenders andpossibly yours, from repair to trouble shooting it. http://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to-repair-small-appliances5.htm
Please if this helped you at all, if you can find the time and in your heart torate my help and some kind words written would be appreciated for my free help, I would appreciate it.
Here is also my direct link to my own pages of other areas of my expertise forother problems you might have in Automotive, Appliance, and Electronics. DropIn anytime for my help.
Posted on Oct 28, 2011
This is a most unusual case, under the circumstances I would contact KitchenAid for a solution, have you tried turning canister clockwise and anticlockwise, should unlock in "anticlockwise position" if no luck contact the manufacture.
Posted on Apr 02, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 05, 2012 | KitchenAid KSB5 Ultra Power Work Top...
Jun 17, 2012 | KitchenAid KSB5 Ultra Power Work Top...
Mar 31, 2012 | KitchenAid KSB5 Professional Stainless...
Feb 04, 2011 | KitchenAid KSB5 Ultra Power Work Top...
Feb 17, 2010 | KitchenAid KSB5 Ultra Power Work Top...
Jan 10, 2009 | KitchenAid KSB5 Ultra Power Work Top...
Aug 25, 2008 | KitchenAid KSB5 Ultra Power Work Top...
Feb 20, 2011 | KitchenAid KSB5 Ultra Power Work Top...
62 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!