Question about Mitsubishi WD62628 62" Projection HDTV
I want to remove my screen to clean my mirrors. I have already removed the top and side screws but can't find any more. The screen seems to be held by other screws that are eluding me.
For the model indicated (WD-62638) the entire screen unit needs to be removed.
Some models had two mirrors--the usual large one in back and a tiny one in the bottom front.
1. Locate and remove front plate below screen (where you may access the lamp as most of these are taken out from front)
2. Remove all the screws ON THE BACK OF THE SET around the top and both sides.
3. Remove a plate behind the removed lower front grill and there you should find a set of wires that go to front keyboard.
4. With that done look carefully at either front side below the screen unit---one screw on either side---do not remove but just back them out.
5. 2 person job---the entire screen unit lifts up and out.
6. DO NOT try to clean the large mirror---if touched with hand or your hair it will smudge and it will show in the picture.
7. If the little mirror is there at the bottom---it can be cleaned with glass cleaner---
8. Insert the screen unit back with the two front lower screws supporting it (have someone hold it in place until you line up and install all all the rear and then the 2 front screws.
Let me know if you have questions.
Posted on Mar 11, 2012
Testimonial: "TThanks picture looks 100x better now"
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 20, 2010 | Mitsubishi WD-62725 62" Rear Projection...
Nov 24, 2009 | Mitsubishi WD-62327 62" Rear Projection...
Oct 03, 2009 | Mitsubishi WD-62327 62" Rear Projection...
Aug 01, 2009 | Mitsubishi WD-65735 Television
Jan 23, 2009 | Mitsubishi WD-62327 62" Rear Projection...
Dec 23, 2008 | Mitsubishi WD-52525 52" Rear Projection...
Nov 08, 2008 | Mitsubishi WD-62525 62" Rear Projection...
Apr 28, 2008 | Mitsubishi WD-52525 52" Rear Projection...
Apr 17, 2008 | Mitsubishi WD-62525 62" Rear Projection...
Dec 17, 2007 | Mitsubishi WD-62525 62" Rear Projection...
Sep 11, 2017 | Mitsubishi WD62628 62" Projection HDTV
216 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: