Question about Pioneer AVH-P6500DVD Car DVD Player
I would like to know either a portable dvd player can be used at home?And what power does the car dvd player use?Does it use the batteries for its power supply or it uses the car battery?Can a power supply be contructed for it to be used at home if it cannot be used at home?
Here is the link to the owner's manual and the installation manual for your player; http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/support/details/0,,2076_310070347_38318,00.html You have to register to access the info, but it is free. The player runs from the car battery power source, so it can be run from a transformer in your home - available from any good hardware store. The player itself specifies a power source of 14.4 voltsDC preferred, 10.8 - 15.1vDC is allowable. maximum current drawn is 10Amps. If you take these specifications to a hardware store they will be able point you in the right direction. a car battery charger could do the job, but i would recommend putting it through a battery not directly to the player as this will possibly damage it. make sure you put a fuse in the system near the player i would recommend a 5A fuse, if that blows too much then try a 6 or 8 A fuse - dont go over 10 amps and make sure it is a quick blowing type. If you have a charging car battery in your home, be very careful to ensure there is proper ventilation - when charging, the battery gives off hydrogen gas which disperses without problem from a car engine bay, but can build up to explosive concentrations in a building without adequate airflow. Some batteries have a small connector for a breather tube, which can be led outside through a window or a hole drilled in the wall. other batteries need to be boxed, and a breather tube put on the box. If you are careful about the hydrogen gas then this can be quite safe - make sure you keep the battery well maintained - follow the safety instructions about dealing with acid, insulate the battery terminals properly to avoid shock, sparks or power surges. Box the battery in a vented box - make the lining acid resistant (polyester or epoxy resin for instance) if possible. Simpler may be to charge the battery elsewhere and connect it alone to the player - you will have to move the battery around a lot which is inherently a bad idea in many ways. still make sure it is fused regardless. Easiest would be a proper mains transformer/rectifier as described. there is no other reason why you would not be able to use this player at home. Hope this helps, please ask again if you need more info :)
Posted on Apr 14, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 07, 2009 | TruTech PVS12701 Portable DVD Player
Jun 25, 2009 | TruTech PVS12701 Portable DVD Player
Jun 13, 2009 | Mintek MDP-1770 Portable DVD Player
Jun 13, 2009 | kawasaki PVS-10921 Portable DVD Player
Jun 13, 2009 | TruTech PVS12701 Portable DVD Player
May 02, 2009 | Durabrand PDV-705 Portable DVD Player
Mar 19, 2007 | Durabrand PVS1966 Portable DVD Player
220 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!