Question about JVC Car Audio & Video
We were told to press the reset button 3 times - this does not work. I've also disconnected the unit and placed it into another car - it still does the same
Not sure if this will help any other owners since my answer is 4 years late, but this is what I found from another user. Apparently if you mess with the wiring too often, it goes in a safe mode which you need to do some button trickery to unlock the device from it's safe mode. These are the Steps.
1.Disconnect power supply
2.Press [MENU] and [UP arrow] buttons and keep holding.
3. While holding the buttons [MENU] / [UP arrow], connect the power plug again
A. The display will show "DC ERR"
*** if it still shows "Chk wiring ..." repeat the steps above until you get "DC ERR."
4. Press [UP arrow]; the display shows "DC1 ERR"
a. Press and hold [UP arrow] and it will show "DC1 OK"
5. Press [Down arrow], the screen will show "DC2"
a. Press and hold [DOWN arrow] and the display will show "DC2 0"
6. Disconnect the power from the back of the unit.
7. Remove the Face Unit.
8. Reconnect the power from the back.
9. Use a sharp object and press the [RESET] hole for 3 seconds and release.
10. Reinstall the face unit and turn on the power.
Posted on Mar 06, 2016
I am engneer i hav also check all wiring it is internly problem it is pcb fault (check wiring then reset) in jvc usb car cd
Posted on Aug 11, 2013
It sounds like the internal output IC is bad. It would need to be replace.
Posted on Oct 12, 2012
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: JVC head unit problem
Do you have a "RESET" button on your stereo? Check your owner's manual to find it. I have a JVC unit in my car and the reset button is a small hole behind the detachable face. Take the end of a pencil or a pen and insert it in the tiny hole and hold for a few seconds. This should reset the stereo so you can get the CD out. Hope this helps...
Posted on Aug 30, 2008
Try disconnecting your battery, reconnecting it, and resetting your stereo. If that doesn't work, the constant power (yellow wire) or ignition wire (red wire) may have come in contact with ground or isn't properly connected. Make sure everything is connected properly and try resetting your stereo. If it is still flashing "protect", the unit needs servicing Contact JVC Customer Care Center at: 800-252-5722.
Posted on Feb 07, 2011
SOURCE: jvc kd-pdr30 ipod problems
The Touch will not work with the KDPDR30. I spoke with JVC and their models that will operate the Touch are KDPDR40, KDAPD49, KDPDR45, KDPDR41 and KDG47 the last two have a cable required.
Posted on Mar 02, 2009
Check your wires they might be touching steel around your car mostly look at your yellow and red wires those are the 1' that give it power and light to your radio also check your radio fuse in the back.
Posted on Jun 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 18, 2012 | Coby kyros Tablets & eReaders
Aug 04, 2012 | Canon PowerShot A1100 IS Digital Camera
Jul 16, 2012 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Sep 07, 2011 | Sony Dream Machine FMAM radio with...
This is the procedure I used for an MP470. It is basically a modified version of that previously posted for the MP460.
1. Disconnect the power cable.
2. Hold down "On/Off" button.
3. Reconnect the power cable.
4. With the power button still down, press the "Stop/Reset" button twice.
5. Release the "On/Off" button.
6. The printer is now in "factory mode".
- wait until "idle" is displayed.
7. Press the right arrow button (next to the "OK" button) repeatedly until "Shipping Mode 3" is displayed.
8. Press the "OK" Button
9. Wait until "Without Cleaning" is displayed and then presss the "Stop/Reset" button once. (I pressed the ok button after Stop/Reset button on my MP470).
10. A test page should print.
11. Open the cover.
- the cartridges should position themselves at the far left - the cartridge removal location.
12. Disconnect the power cable.
13. Remove both cartridges.
14. Close the cover.
15. Reconnect the power cable.
16. Press the "On/Off" button once.
17. Wait until a "Replace Cartridges" message is displayed.
- insert cartridges.
18. Wait until the printer is operating in its normal mode. The display shows the normal start menu (ie: Copy).
The ink levels have been reset.
- check by going to printer>properties>maintenance>view printer status
this is what i had to do to get it to work with canon mp460
1. Disconnect the power cable
2. Hold down power button
3. Reconnect the power cable
4. With the power button still down, press twice the "Cancel/Stop" red button
5. Release the power button
6. The printer is now in factory mode...(wait about 30 seconds until it says "idle")
7. Press the down arrow (next to the "OK" button) until it says "Shipping Mode 1"
8. Press the "OK" Button
9. Now with it displaying "Without Cleaning" press the power button
10. A test page should print
11. Now open cover
12. Disconnect the power again
13. Take both cartridges out like normal
14. Close cover
15. Reconnect power cable
16. Press power button
17. Replace cartridges
MP-160 is different from MX300 so I tried my best with it...
The main solution is to reset the entire printer:
1. Disconnect the power cable
2. Connect it while holding down the power button
3. With the power button still down, press twice the "Cancel/Stop" red button
4. Release the power button
5. The printes turns into a kind of factory mode...(wait for about 10 seconds, utils it says "Idle")
6. Press the ">" (next to the "OK" button) once."Shipping Mode 3"
7. Press the "OK" button.
8. Press "OK" again for "Without cleaning"
9. A test page will print..
10. Open the cover, like you are about to change the cartridges.
11. Disconnect the power cable again.
12. Take out both cartridges.
13. Close the cover.
14. Connect the power cable once again.
15. Turn the printer on.
16. Now just put the cartridges back...
1. Press & hold stop/reset button, and then press & hold [ON/OFF] button.
2. When Green power lit, leave stop/reset button & press twice stop/reset (see orange indicator).
3. Leave On/Off button. Printer in actually service mode.
4. Press stop/reset 4 times (see orange indicator) if not blink restart above process from top.
5. After press stop/reset 4 times successful press On/Off button 3 times. printer will off.
6. Press On/Off button
Aug 30, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 18, 2010 | Canon Pixma iP2600 Photo InkJet Printer
Aug 20, 2010 | Car Audio & Video
Jan 20, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
16,323 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: