Question about Honeywell Electronic Programmable Heat/Cool Thermostat - CT3300A100 Heater
We recently (about 4 months ago we had a digital thermometer installed to replace the old one. Twice this week there has been an 'electrical burning' smell when you go into the living room (where new thermostat is located). At first we thought is was a new cordless phone so we unplugged that and the nightlight in that outlet and it seemed to have gone away. Tonight it is back. It appears that it is near the thermostat (opening in the wall where it is connected).
The walls are not warm, there is no smoke and we've checked from the basement and didn't see anything. (not certain of the brand below but i know it works for both heat/cold)
Wednesday night we could smell something burning in my back bedroom we had to call the fire dept to my house they were there for 2 or 3 hours turning to find out what the burning smell was coming from they couldn't find out what it is we had somebody to come and look at the plug in but there has been nothing plug in there we had to shut the power off in that room and it still smell like something is still burning in there what is going on?
Posted on Jan 17, 2010
Mhenn, It is my guess that the 'electrical burning' smell is from your heating system. Since there is no smoke and the walls are not warm.... then there is no real problem. The smell maybe just dust has collected in the duct work that is burning off the central heating systems electrical heat strips. If you have electrical heat strips then that may be the problem. If you have a central gas heat system, it may be the same type problem. Hope this helps you. Henry
If you need further help, I’m available over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/henry_239f63a136de60f0
Posted on Feb 05, 2009
I've seen tstats catch fire they may smell mild at first sort of like a server room where tons of electronics are running. Normally all the resistors and caps start melting away sometimes you can see it other times you can't. The reason typically is a short to ground somewhere in the wiring. It's nothing to take lightly the furnace should only smell maybe the first two times it's fired electric or heat. I think your family's safety is well worth the costs of paying a qualified hvac pro to check things over.
Posted on Nov 22, 2014
The smell may be coming from the heater, or the area where yours is located. It is possible that your HVAC system is carrying the smell to other places in your home. That being said, I would suggest getting an electrician out to check everything and make sure it isn't electrical. Good luck and stay safe! The smell may be coming from the heater, or the area where yours is located. It is possible that your HVAC system is carrying the smell to other places in your home. That being said, I would suggest getting an electrician out to check everything and make sure it isn't electrical. Good luck and stay safe! http://www.a-allateaseelectric.com/meter-panel-upgrades
Posted on Sep 20, 2014
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 09, 2015 | Holden Cars & Trucks
Jun 27, 2017 | Motorcycles
Jun 29, 2017 | 2002 Saturn Sl
Jul 09, 2009 | Hotpoint FFA70 Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
May 05, 2009 | Moen Plumbing
Apr 09, 2009 | GE JBP24 QuickClean Electric Kitchen Range
Dec 14, 2008 | Mitsubishi Televison & Video
Jun 12, 2008 | Televison & Video
Feb 07, 2007 | Goodman PHKJ060-1 Air Conditioner
15,561 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: