Question about Texas Instruments TI-86 Calculator
My square root comes out in the root form like 2 root 3 but when I do a cubed root or more it comes out in decimal form and I want it to come out like before
Sorry, but the fx-115ES can only display square roots in radical form. Cube roots are beyond its symbolic capabilities and will always be in decimal form.
Posted on Mar 08, 2013
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Graphing radical functions
I have a TI-89 Titanium and I have experienced the same problem. HERE IS HOW TO FIX IT:
Goto " MODE " and scroll down the options until you get to
" COMPLEX FORMAT " change that option to " RECTANGULAR " and press ENTER until you exit out of the " MODE " screen. (very important that you press ' enter ' until you exit because if you don't, it will not save your changes. )
Posted on Mar 15, 2009
There are two options.
1) Whenever you want the answer in decimal form, place a decimal after at least one of the numbers.
For example: instead of using (1/2) use (1/2.)
2) Press the "Mode" button. Scroll down the list that appears until you find "Exact/Approx". If you set it to "Approximate", then it will always give the answer in decimal form. If you set it to "Exact", it will give the answer in fraction form.
Posted on Nov 12, 2009
SOURCE: TI-89 decimal to fraction
Here is what you do:
1) Press the Mode button.
2) Scroll down the list that appears until you find "Exact/Approx".
3) Change the setting for "Exact/Approx" to Exact.
4) Press enter to save the settings change.
You have three possible settings for "Exact/Approx":
1) Auto - The calculator will try to determine the best format.
2) Exact - The calculator will always give the answer in fraction form.
3) Approximate - The calculator will always give the answer in decimal form.
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 27, 2018 | Casio Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 03, 2015 | Casio fx-115ES Plus Scientific Calculator
Sep 18, 2014 | Casio FX-9750GII Graphing Calculator
Nov 17, 2013 | Texas Instruments TI-30 XIIS Calculator
Feb 06, 2013 | Casio Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 06, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 18, 2012 | Casio fx-300ES Calculator
Apr 19, 2011 | Casio FX-115ES Scientific Calculator
410 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!