Question about Bose Lifestyle 12 System
I just dropped the 2nd of 5 Bose Cube Speakers for my Lifestyle 12 II and I don't have a clue how to put them back together.
I had the same problem with a Bose separated double-cube Acoustimass speaker/array but was able to fix it as follows:
small, thin, flat-head screwdriver
1. Disconnect the speaker wires from the cube.
2. Remove the grille from the top speaker cube. It just pops off.
3. Insert a small, thin, flat-head screwdriver around the perimeter of the speaker. You will have to pry lightly to break the glue’s seal.
4. Using a set of pliers (large, plumber-sized) wiggle the speaker until it comes free. You might need to grip it top to bottom and then left to right. The speaker will come free of the case.
5. Remove the white insulation to get a clear view of the dislodged brace/connector.
6. Stack the top and bottom cubes. Make sure that the rubber seal between the cubes is seated properly and that the black and white cables are not pinched.
7. Using the C-clamp, compress the brace/connector until it seats on one side. Loosen the C-clamp and compress the opposite side. The brace/connector should snap into place. Be sure the make sure that you do not pinch the speak wires that are running through the center of the brace/connector.
8. Test the articulation. It should be the same as your other speakers.
9. Replace the white insulation in the back of the speaker case.
10. Press the speaker into the case’s face. If you wish, you can apply your preference of glue to the edge of the speaker prior to pressing it into the case.
11. Snap the grille onto the speaker.
12. Connect the speaker wires to the cube and you are done.
You should be good to go.
Posted on May 17, 2008
Great post "Best Solution". I did not use pliers, but loosened the glue by wiggling in small jeweler screwdrivers and slowly and safely prying out the actual speaker. Also did not need the C-clamp - just pressed w/fingers hard to snap the connector back into the bottom speaker. Thanks again.
Posted on May 31, 2009
To eshugh (#3)!!!
perfect!!!! my speakers are screwed in-didn't have to break a glue seal.didn't need the c-clamp either-got 2 fingers into the cube to hold the connector in place and used my other hand to exert pressure on the female unit; took 20 minutes for the 1st one-5 minutes for the 2nd.now have to find a solution to the unit not powering up.
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
The first generation of cube speakers were held in place by screws rather than glued/molded. Fixing them was no problem. This is just another sign in reduction in quality of Bose.
Posted on Jul 06, 2008
I have this same problem. One of our cats knocked over a cube speaker array and the two speakers separated from each other. Nothing is broken per se, but there is a white plastic ring with tabs on it that is supposed to hook the two speakers together. I can't seem to figure out how to reconnect them again because everytime I try to press them together to get the tabs to engage, the connector ring pushes back into the speaker to which it is already attached. I tried taking the front grills off to see if I could anchor or support the connector ring from the inside, but the speakers are sealed around the edges. I'm afraid to unseal them because I don't want to do any more damage, but I'm almost certain I could reattch the speakers to each other if I could get inside the bottom cube. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appraciated.
Posted on Apr 19, 2008
Is it broken apart ?
do you need to know how to join up the two wires to the back of the cube speaker ?
Posted on Mar 09, 2008
Bose blows get a KLH Or KEF system. Bose is overpriced for what it is.
Posted on Jun 07, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2012 | Bose Audio Players & Recorders
Feb 02, 2011 | Bose Lifestyle 12 System
Aug 18, 2010 | Harman Kardon Audio Players & Recorders
Nov 01, 2017 | Bose Lifestyle 12 System
Jul 28, 2009 | Bose Lifestyle 38 System
Jun 08, 2009 | Bose Lifestyle 12 System
Mar 16, 2009 | Bose Acoustimass 3 IV System
Nov 09, 2008 | Bose Lifestyle 12 System
Jan 02, 2008 | Bose Lifestyle 12 System
Aug 09, 2014 | Bose Lifestyle 12 System
26,762 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!