Question about Brother MFC-3240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Hi Jason, 5A is usually caused by a bad maintenance unit. The purge cam gear may be broken or too much load on the maintenance unit. Either way replacing maintenance unit should solve the problem.
Posted on Aug 19, 2013
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
not easy and worth to fix it since ink jet printer sare cheap. New one include all the ink cartridges which are expensive too.
Posted on Jul 31, 2008
Pls refer below to clear the "Unable to Clean" error:
1. Enter MAINTENANCE MODE: Press MENU, MONO START 4x on ARROW UP within 2-3 sec
2. Using the ARROW UP botton, press botton and wait for the ff #:
a. 8 then press SET
b. 0 then press SET
3. Using the MONO START, just press until the word "PURGE XXXXX" comes out
4. Using the ARROW UP botton, press botton and wait for the ff #:
a. 2 then press SET
b. 7 then press SET
c. 8 then press SET
d. 3 then press SET
e. Press Stop/Exit
(This is to reset the purge counter)
5. Using the ARROW UP botton, press botton and wait for the ff # to appear:
a. 0 then press SET
b. 1 then press SET (to reset unit)
c. 9 then press SET
d. 9 then press SET (to exit maintenance mode)
If after this procedure you still encounter problem, see your service center
Hope this will solve your problem "unable to clean".
Posted on Feb 19, 2009
SOURCE: DCP-340CW purge counter reset
n the mean time you can RESET this purge count back to zero using the
MAINTENANCE 80 menu, to continue using the printer for a while until
you get the new pads. But it on a tray as if they are full they may
start to leak onto your desk....
1 . Press (MENU) (MONO START) then (^) OR <the up arrow> four times, the Photo Capture and Red Exclamation Lights will then flash.
2. Press (^) eight times until you see <8> then press (SET)
3. Press (^) twice until you see <0> then press (SET)
You will now be in MAINTENANCE 80.
4. Press the (MONO START) its a toggle until you see PURGE:6451 ( I guess this means you have cleaned the heads over 6,450 times their threshold level.) you will need to enter the code <2783> to RESET it.
5. Press (^) twice until you see < 2 > then press (SET)
5. Press (^) eight times until you see < 7 > then press (SET)
5. Press (^) nine times until you see < 8 > then press (SET)
5. Press (^) four times until you see < 3 > then press (SET)
The Printer will beep then reset counter will be at ZERO <0000000>
Its the PURGE that will increment by a variable amount each time you clean the print heads the amount will be between 100 and 130. When this count gets to about 64,000 the error 46 will occur. That's about 510 times you can clean the heads before the pads need cleaning.
Almost forget to EXIT the Maintenance mode enter 9 twice by using the up arrow & set key's to exit from maintenance mode in the same way as entering the 2783 code, or power down the printer.
Check me out at www.windowstipsclub.co.uk
Posted on Sep 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 23, 2015 | Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 28, 2014 | Brother DCP-585cw All-in-One Wireless...
Apr 02, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 27, 2009 | Brother MFC-425CN Multi-Function Center...
Dec 18, 2009 | Brother MFC-465CN InkJet Printer
Aug 29, 2009 | Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
May 22, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
May 27, 2008 | Brother MFC-3240C All-In-One InkJet...
1,483 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!