The main unit will not connect with the remote. I have tryed everything that the manual has said to do.. But it just won't work.. They seem to be working but not comunicating with each other..
The WS20 has very poor engineering.
1. Open battery compartments of all remotes and the base unit.
2. The following steps must be completed within a small time window of a minute or two.
3. Remove and replace one battery from the base (reset button on base may also work)
4. Remove and replace one battery on first remote.
5. You have 10 seconds to set the channel number, suggest you set channel 2 first if you have 2 remotes. Once you stop setting the channel on the remote, 10 seconds later remote 2 should sync with the base.
6. Remove and replace one battery on second remote.
7. You have 10 seconds to set the channel number, if you have only two remotes do nothing and it should synchronize 10 seconds after you replaced the battery as remote number 1.
8. If the base unit can receive the time signal from Colorado USA, it should eventually get the time and date correct, give it time. Alternatively you can set the time and date manually. However, if the base is trying to get the time signal, most of the controls freeze up, to unfreeze them press and hold the + button for something like 5 to 10 seconds, then the unit should be available for manual setup.
If you loose connection to one remote or change batteries, repeat all of the above.
In summary, it a POS unit .... :)
Dec 27, 2010 |
Alert Works Enhance Living Series WS20...