Question about Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Hi There, 5 orange light flashes and 1 green light means that the printer is not recognising the cartridege. Iam having the same problem with mine and Iam currently trying to find out why. I have installed the correct cartridge so I'm not sure why it isn't recognising it. but once i know i will let you know
Posted on Jun 24, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Probably your waste ink counter. Should be cleaned or replaced before
resetting but usually you can get away with resetting once.
1. Start with printer OFF
2. Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER
3. Release RESUME
4. press RESUME twice, then release POWER
5. let green light blink until printhead has finished moving.
6. Select functions below with RESUME, execute with POWER
0 presses - green light - Test Print (exit service for i960)
1 press - orange light - EEPROM info print
2 presses - green light - EEPROM initialise
3 presses - orange light - reset waste ink counter.
This also applies to the i550, i560, i950, i960
Posted on Sep 07, 2009
Reset Procedures for Canon i550, i560, i850, i860, i865, i9100, i9950 Printers
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Feb 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding
the Stop/ Reset button.
2) When the Power LED is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a
service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
4) When the LED lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the
function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in
orange and green, starting with orange.)
The number of the Reset
LED Function Remarks
0 time Green Power off
1 time Orange Service pattern print
2 times Green EEPROM print
3 times Orange EEPROM reset
4 times Green Waste ink counter reset See waste ink counter reset
5 times Orange Destination setting See Destination setting
6 times Green Print head deep cleaning
11 times Orange Button / LCD checking
12 or more times Returns to a menu selection
I’m happy to assist further over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/joe_8b8c2cd6ce148309
Dec 02, 2010 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 27, 2008 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 01, 2010 | Canon BJC 4400 InkJet Printer
Jan 14, 2010 | Canon i850 InkJet Photo Printer
Sep 07, 2009 | Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet Printer
Apr 20, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP4000 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 09, 2008 | Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet Printer
Aug 22, 2008 | Canon i950 InkJet Photo Printer
Jul 08, 2014 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
1,186 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!