Question about HP DeskJet 5150 InkJet Printer
Can you tell if ink cartridge is empty by weight or shaking it?
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You can also navigate through the menu and go into toner override mode. That allows you to print without being bothered by low/empty toner messages
Posted on Mar 11, 2008
SOURCE: ink in hp photosmart 3310
the printer should have software installed enabling you to opt, for a printer-ink cartridge change.
If the cartridge has a chip fitted, it may be discharged.
The chip is supposed to be charged up, for the printer to recognise the newly installed cartridge.
view your settings in control panel/printer/properties to see what options you have available.
Mike @ Compurepair.
Posted on Jul 23, 2008
That is normal, the printer "sees" the cartridges by their serial number, so when you pop in a refilled cartridge, the printer thinks you have put in old cartridges and continue to show low ink level. When you pop in a new one, with a new serial code, the ink level will reset, showing that the cartridges are full again.
You can try this:
1. Open printer lid so cartridges move to center of carriage.
2. Lift clamp and remove black or color cartridge from the holder.
3. Place cartridge on table with copper contact strip facing you.
4. Carefully place a strip of clear plastic tape over the four contacts on the upper left corner of the cartridge.
5. Reinstall cartridge in printer and close lid. Wait until cartridge returns to parking position.
6. Open lid and remove cartridge again. Remove tape from left side and place tape over four contacts at upper right corner of cartridge.
7. Reinstall cartridge in printer and close lid. Wait until cartridge returns to parking position again.
8. Open lid again, remove cartridge, remove tape.
9. Reinstall cartridge and close lid.
Printer will now recalibrate. Once the process is complete the ink level meter should be reading full again.
Doesn't always work, but you can try.
Here are links, so you can see:
Hope that helps!
Posted on Apr 15, 2010
Are you using "refilled" hp cartridges? If so, they may be interpreted as "empty" or a non-hp cartridge if the carrtidge shell was manufactured prior to the recent time that hp began coding the electrics on the same type cartridges. This can also happen if you are using "compatibles". If this is the case, try buying original new hp carts. If that is what you already have, return the cart to the store as defective and as for a replacement.
Posted on Apr 29, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 25, 2014 | Brother MultiFunction Center MFC-440CN...
Jan 25, 2014 | Cameras
May 14, 2011 | Epson CX4400/CX5600
Jan 15, 2010 | Xerox FAXCENTRE 2218 18PPM FAX
Feb 20, 2009 | Epson Stylus C88 InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 03, 2008 | Brother MFC-5440CN All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 19, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX4200 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 11, 2007 | NEC Nefax 655E Plain Paper Laser Fax
Mar 30, 2016 | HP DeskJet 5150 InkJet Printer
57 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!