Question about OKI C5800Ldn Led Printer
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Oki c5500n drum reset
To get the OKI C5500 to keep going (without opening and closing the lid constantly) in spite of toner cartridge & drum life messages:
1) Turn off printer.
2) Hold down "+" and "-" buttons at the same time, and keep them held down while turning printer back on... continue to hold until the word "OKIUSER" appears.
3) Use "-" button to scroll down to "FUSE KEEP MODE".
4) Press "Enter" button, hold for approx. 10 seconds, then release.
5) Press "Enter" button again, followed by rapid release and repress with hold for approx. 10 seconds.
6) Release "Enter" button, then press and let up one more time quickly.
7) You will see "INITIALING" and then "ONLINE" messages.
If you currently have an error message for toner cartridge life, the message will continue to be shown until after you've sent one print job, and then it will usually disappear for awhile. It will stay gone for longer if you have your printer set up so the toner sensor is turned off.
If you currently have a error message for drum life, it will continue to appear, but you will still be able to print.
Beware that you will have to keep a closer eye on print quality (since you are no longer relying on error message to tell you when your toner cartridges are in need of a replacement or refill, or the drum truly needs to be changed or refurbished).
Please note that anytime you turn the printer off, you will have to go through the whole process again when you turn it back on. It doesn't take long though, and will quickly become habit whenever turning on your printer for the day!
Posted on Apr 08, 2008
If you are using this printer w/ two different versions on it or if it is on a network you must install both drivers. Your printer has its own web id if it is hooked up to a network. You can go into devices on network, right click on the printer and go to device web page. The problem is you had it working w/ a more advance version and now you are reverting operating systems.
Posted on Feb 09, 2009
SOURCE: reset drum life on oki c5500n
1) Power on printer while holding both the + & - buttons simultaneously; release when "Okiuser" is displayed.
2) Press + or - until "Engine Diag" Mode is displayed; press Enter and Diagnostic Mode xx.xx.xx will be displayed
3) Press and hold both Enter & On-line simultaneously until Eng Diag Level3 is displayed
4) Press + or - until Local Parameter Set is displayed; release and press Enter
5) Press + or - until it displays Factory Mode; if it displays Factory Mode Twice with an asterisk next to one then it is in Factory Mode; Press Enter, Press + or - until it displays Factory Mode & Shipping Mode on the display; then press and hold On-line & Cancel simultaneously; when it stops blinking an asterisk should be displayed next to Shipping Mode, which becomes the default mode.
6) Power printer off then on to complete the procedure.
Posted on Mar 29, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 14, 2013 | OKI C5500n Printer
Dec 09, 2010 | OKI C5500n Printer
Nov 15, 2010 | OKI C5500n Printer
Oct 12, 2009 | OKI C5500n Printer
Jul 02, 2017 | OKI C5500n Laser Printer
Mar 10, 2009 | OKI C5500n Laser Printer
Oct 13, 2008 | OKI Office Equipment & Supplies
61 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!