Question about HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I want to swap the scanner unit from one C6180 to another but I cannot detach the hinges. How do I do this?
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: hp photosmart c6180
you are good at taking things apart and not destroying them, then the problem can usually be fixed easily.
Remove the ink carts.
on either side of the carrage there is a screw, remove both of them.
CAREFULLY slide out the silver bar those screws are holding. Be sure to note its orentation for putting the thing back in later.
also carefully remove the silver "fingers".
remove the black clip/cover on the right side of the carrage that covers the ribbon cables.
lift the head (you see 4 nipples in there-- that is the top of the head assembly)
gently pull out the ribbon cables.
on the bottom of the head is 2 screws, remove them
now the head will come into 4 parts. Nipples, Gasket, nozzle block, and a metal guard.
get some windex with amonia.
soak the parts for a day or 2.
blot dry, then let it set for atleast 2 days to be sure it is COMPLETELY dry.
reassemble, charge the ink, do the printers head cleaning, and boom. back in business.
this works 90% of the time
Posted on Feb 09, 2008
Close the Digital Imaging Monitor.
◄ Start or restart the services :
1. HP Cue Device Discovery.
2. HP Net Device Discovery.
◄ Run Digital Imaging Monitor.
◄ Wait for a Minute, if the configuration screen appears it is done else refresh the HP Cue Device Discovery
◄ Restart the Printer
◄ 99% chances of resolution and in the other cases a proper uninstall and reinstall is needed
If the issue still remains then :;
Added the files to the firewall exception list
C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin\hpiscnapp.exe (version 10 software )
•C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin\hpqscnvw.exe (other than version 10 software
•C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin\hpqste08.exe
•C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
•C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
i. 68: dhcp client
ii. 80: web server
iii. 137:UDP Port 137 netbios-ns (UDP)
iv. 139: netbios-Session (TCP),
v. 161: snmp. (UDP)
vi. 427: srvloc. (UDP)
vii. 5353: mDNS
viii. 9100: pcl/pjl print.
ix. 9101: debugging tcp recv/send
x. 9102: debugging tcp send
xi. 9103: debugging udp recv/send
xii. 9110: echo
xiii. 9220: generic gateway (scanning, pml).
xiv. 9290: scan.
xv. 9280: generic gateway
xvi. 2500: scan.
Posted on May 25, 2008
Download and install this Critical Update for your printer directly from HP.
There have been cases where if the PC is turned off or goes into hibernate this can occur. To work around this issue the "HP CUE DeviceDescovery Service" must be disabled:
1) Click on the "Start Menu" icon on the bottom left corner of the screen, type "services.msc" in the "Start Search" edit box, and hit enter. This will trigger Vista to pop-up a "User Account Control" dialog to prompt for permission to continue. Click "Continue" to allow Vista to open the Services management console application.
2) The Services management console application is made up of 2 panels. The right panel contains a list of all services available on the system. Scroll thru this list and look for a service called "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service".
3) Right-click on "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service" and select "Properties" to open the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service Properties" dialog.
4) From the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service Properties" dialog, click on the "General" tab. If the "Service status" shows that the service has started, click on the "Stop" button to force the service to stop.
5) Change the "Start type" to "Disabled" and click on the "OK" button on the bottom of the dialog to apply the changes.
1. Set the printer to a static IP address
2. Logon to the machine as the administrator or with admin rights.
3. Remove/Reinstall the printer using the IP address
Posted on Dec 14, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 02, 2016 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 07, 2016 | Canon CanoScan LiDE 600F Flatbed Scanner
May 05, 2010 | Epson Expression 1680 Professional Flatbed...
Mar 30, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 13, 2009 | Epson Expression 1680 Professional Flatbed...
Nov 20, 2008 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 19, 2008 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 28, 2016 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 14, 2015 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
142 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: