Question about Danby Refrigerators

Open Question

Danby Designer fridge appears to have a drainhole issue, water pooled under criper drawers at bottom. Where is the drainhole located on my model DFF501WDD

Posted by on


2 Suggested Answers


6ya staff

  • 2 Answers


Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Ryan Pries

  • 257 Answers

SOURCE: Danby Designer All Fridge

Yes it is located in the refrigerator on the bottom in the back. I assume you know how to clear it, Hot water plus towel to soak up excess water should take several tries of very hot water until it clears. Good luck

Posted on May 26, 2011

Testimonial: "I don't know how to clear it. I have just been reading that you have to clean it.... my fault not clear enough in question."


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Drainhole gets blocked with ice proline fridge freezer

Sounds like the defrost cycle is too short! What is the make and model number?

Jul 10, 2013 | Refrigerators

1 Answer

Why is water pooling in bottom of fridge under veggie drawer.? Also freezing ice cubes in back part of cube drawer

Just above the veg drawers at the back is a channel that collects water when the fridge defrosts. It has a hole to drain the water which is blocked and the water is pooling under the drawers. Clear the hole with a drinking straw.

May 15, 2012 | GE Refrigerators

1 Answer

Water is pooling under drawers in bottom of refridgerator and drips behind fridge from the top of drain plug. I took out plug on back of fridge and clean it out, it appeared to be plugged. I do not know...

The drain pan would located at the bottom of the refrigerator near the compressor. You can often remove the drain pan from the front after removing the grill or from the back after pulling the refrigerator out from the wall and removing the access cover.

Aug 02, 2011 | Refrigerators

1 Answer

My fridge is collecting water in the vegetable drawers. can you help?

There's a condensate drain that's behind a panel inside the refrigerator compartment. For some reason, it's blocked. Possibly by ice or, less likely, algae. Take out all the shelves and remove the Philips head screws that hold the panel in place. (One may be hidden behind a small plastic tab that you can remove with a flathead screwdriver.) Carefully pull the panel away from the back of the compartment....there may be wiring attached to it. You'll probably see water/ice pooled in the condensate drain tray. Dry that out. Use a hairdryer to melt any ice in the drainhole, soaking up water as you procede. Try turning up the temp in the fridge to prevent future freezouts.

Jun 01, 2011 | Samsung 18.8 Cu. Ft. Bottom-Mount...

1 Answer

Danby Designer All Fridge (no freezer) Model # DFF1776WE Water pooling underneath crisper drawers. Very full every couple of days. Then it leaks out the bottom door hinge. Not sure if drainholes are the...

Yes it is located in the refrigerator on the bottom in the back. I assume you know how to clear it, Hot water plus towel to soak up excess water should take several tries of very hot water until it clears. Good luck

May 26, 2011 | Danby Designer DAR1102W Refrigerator

1 Answer

We have a slow water leak in our fridge. The water pools under the bottom 2 produce drawers.

On most newer fridges, there is a very shallow 'V' shaped collection channel at the back of the fridge just above the bottom drawers, this is for condensate collection. In the middle of this channel there should be a hole, this quite often gets clogged, and over flows, hence the water at the bottom of the produce drawers, clear the hole and it should cure your leak, worth checking every couple of months.

Mar 22, 2011 | Samsung RM255LASH Side by Side...

1 Answer

Model # TBX18TRBR large puddling leak on floor, think has to do with defroster messing up?? A GE refrigator serial # HG539639

I've got the same fridge with the same problem (believe it or not it was manufactured in 1992 so it's a wonder it's still working).

I also have been able to narrow the problem down to a defrost issue. It appears as the coils are defrosted, the leaking water drains down through the inside of the fridge, pools in the bottom of the fridge (under the bottom drawers), then when that area is full it runs out onto the floor.

I'm still troubleshooting and will post back here within a week with my results.

Aug 22, 2009 | GE Refrigerators

1 Answer

Samsung rs21wcns has a leak

I found my leak, after checking all lines, connectors, couplers, behind the second to bottom drawer from what appears to be a cooling resevoir. It appears the seams are slightly leaking on both sides. I found water pooling under the bottom drawer and then leaking out the front and followed it back. My Samsung is model RS2556SH

Jul 04, 2008 | Samsung RB2155SH Bottom Freezer...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Refrigerators Logo

Related Topics:

52 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Danby Refrigerators Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9179 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6063 Answers


Level 3 Expert

85222 Answers

Are you a Danby Refrigerator Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides