Question about Frigidaire Microwave Ovens
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
External vent systems have the charcoal filter removed, generally at the time of installation, as it is not needed for this application.
The charcoal filter removes odors from internal recycled airflow.
There should be an aluminum grease filter that you can remove to clean in a warm soapy solution, let dry, and reinstall.
Posted on May 27, 2008
Charcoal filter is behind the grille at the top of the oven. Find screws in front or at top of the grille and remove them. Remove the grille by shifting to one side and pulling forward with the door open. You should see a slot where the filter is inserted. Remove old filter and replace with new. Note which side of old filter is up and position the new one the same way. The filter sits on tabs at the side and back. Replace grille and screws.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
You can download GE
owner's manuals and installation instructions here.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
SOURCE: I need a charcoal filter
Thank you for your post Scott! I manage a ton of properties and worked
with www.RangeHoodsFilter.com , they were VERY helpful and gave me
discounts with quantity purchases. I order 20 then 800 range filters
for our GE models. YOU ARE right, you order by part # and it is like a
lottery if you get what you need. Quality, low cost and most
Thanks again for your post! Buyers beware of ordering by just the part #. Measure and call them at 1-888-279-1670. One last thing, they also sell HVAC filters too . Custom sizes for all filters. I am very happy you saved myself a lot of time by your post.
Posted on Oct 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2018 | GE Microwave Ovens
Hello - This may or may not be specifically for your model, however these are generics instructions that I found.
To replace the light bulb to the over the range microwave you will need to follow the steps below:
1. To replace light bulb, first disconnect power to the microwave oven at the circuit breaker panel or by unplugging.
2. Remove the vent grill mounting screws.
3. Pull the vent grill away from the unit.
4. Remove the charcoal filter by pushing it inwards, then turn and pull it away from the unit.
5. Open light cover located behind filter mounting by carefully pulling up on the front edge.
6. Remove old light bulb and replace only with equivalent 30 watt bulb available from part distributor. Bulbs are also available at most hardware stores or lighting centers.
7. Replacing the microwave oven light cover by carefully pushing into place. Replace the charcoal filter. Push the vent grill back into place (engaging both the bottom and top tabs) and replace the vent grill mounting screws.
Note: DO NOT USE BULB LARGER THAN 30 WATTS.
Oct 27, 2012 | Frigidaire FMV152K Microwave Oven
Mar 20, 2011 | Frigidaire FMV156DC Microwave Oven
Dec 31, 2010 | Frigidaire FMV156EM Microwave Oven
May 06, 2010 | Maytag Over-the-Range Microwave
Sep 27, 2009 | Whirlpool MH1150XM Convection/Microwave...
Aug 20, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Apr 01, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
May 27, 2008 | GE Microwave Ovens
57 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: