Question about Vizio Televison & Video
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Parental Controls feature
Hey Aurora, After you put your password in, go back and change the password using blanks spaces. Then it should reset to 'parental control off'. Let me know if this works. Some Sanyo models are different to reset.
Posted on Jul 21, 2007
Ok first try 0 1 2 3 because that is the preset code for the ps2 or if that dont work insert any dvd movie, go to setup and access the parental control settings(press select) When asked for your code enter "7444"; It will prompt you again to type in your password. Type "0000" and then scroll down to the movie rating options and choose "off". Hope it helps you out!
Posted on Apr 10, 2008
on my Sharp 36R-s400. Go to menu , then parental control. When dispaly asks for secret number,
press and hold volume up and channel down simultaneously until message is cleared.
This turns off parental control and clears the password.
Posted on Oct 25, 2008
SOURCE: PS2 PARENTAL CONTROL CODE
This is the only way to turn "off" parental control lock on the custom setup screen.
1) turn off ps2 with no dvd in drive.
2) turn on ps2 and insert dvd in drive.
3) when it asks about parental password, choose 'yes'.
4) when prompted for password, press 'select'.
5) the prompt will change and say 'delete password'. enter '7444'.
6) enter a new password (0000 works).
7) registration complete, dvd will start playing.
8) once the movie starts, press 'select'.
9) click the 'stop' icon.
10) click the 'stop' icon again (the icon must be gray even when you have it highlighted).
11) navigate to 'custom setup' ('select', setup icon, custom setup icon)
12) move to parental control option, press right directional button, enter password (0000).
13) move down to 'level'.
14) move up to desired level (off is at the top).
15) click 'x'.
16) go back to 'select' menu options, and press 'play'.
17) while movie is playing, eject disk and remove dvd.
18) turn ps2 off using switch on the back, keep off for five seconds.
19) turn on ps2, put dvd back in.
20) happy dance. ;)
Posted on Dec 07, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 03, 2017 | Vizio Televison & Video
Oct 07, 2014 | Vizio L32 32 in. LCD HDTV
Feb 12, 2014 | Vizio P50HDTV10A 50 in. Plasma HDTV
Apr 13, 2011 | Vizio VBR220 Blu-Ray Player
Nov 29, 2010 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Nov 07, 2008 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Oct 11, 2008 | Televison & Video
Apr 10, 2008 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Nov 17, 2019 | Vizio Televison & Video
Nov 11, 2019 | Vizio Televison & Video
22 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!