Question about HP PSC 2210 All-In-One InkJet Printer
My printer is misbehaving. It is taking hours to print anything, and I keep getting message on screen to say error has occurred and that I should take out the black ink cartridge and then put it back. That if that does not correct the problem I should buy a replacement black cartridge. I am reluctant to go to this expense as there is clearly plenty of ink in it and it is quite new. Went through problem solving including checking is hard disk was excessively fragmented, which it is not.
1. From the HP Director, choose Settings, choose Print Settings, and then choose Printer Toolbox.
2. Click the Estimated Ink Levels tab.
The estimated ink levels appear for the print cartridges.
Posted on Apr 17, 2010
Check if you are able to make a copy from the printer, it will clear if it is a hardware issue.
If it is hardware, then you need to check it by replacing the cartridge, revert back.
Posted on Apr 10, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 29, 2012 | Lexmark X1240 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 05, 2012 | Lexmark X4650 InkJet Printer
Jan 09, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
May 03, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 23, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 4215 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 08, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP210 Photo All-In-One Printer
Dec 15, 2008 | Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-240C...
Oct 13, 2008 | Lexmark All-in-One Printer with PictBridge
Feb 03, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP4200 InkJet Photo Printer
I had the same problem plus had problems with message indicating "alignment failed" and to monitor the blakc/yellow print head. The print quality was very bad in black. It seemed to print about 1.5 lines and then skip a line. When I replaced black and yellow it seemed to get better print quality was just as bad. Finally called HP support. These are the steps they told me to do.
1. disconnect power
2. remove all ink cartridges
3. remove and clean contacts of both print heads
4. perform simultaneously the following press 6 and # on the keypad while at the same time plug in the power.
5. --- the printer came on (black squares on the screen) and then shut off.
6. --- was told to power up the printer
7. Printer began checking device(took a long time)
8. Printer began aligning printer (took a long time)
9. Finally finished = Message on screen "Alignment Failed"
10. Still not printing and hours later.
11. They will be replacing printer
12. Then they hit you with that you should buy a set of inkjet cartidges from them at $109.96 - warranty 2yr, works better, etc.
13. Sent to somebody else to arrange shipping new printer.
14. Free shipping 5-7 days - big deal - placed my work (home office) on hold.
16. Service help - listen when it follows the script, otherwise like talking to a door (In India).
17. Finally get transfered to somebody else and he informs me that he is not authorize to give me a new printer, need to talk to somebody else who is not there. Advises to call during business hours. He said that he could request that I be called back but that it could take a 1.5 days to get back to me.
18. I am going to call tomorrow morning during business hours - wish me luck.
I don't know what is awaiting but IN The Future I will not talk to anybody from INDIA - they do not have authority and do not listen (but maybe they don't listen because they can't do anything about it).
Oct 03, 2007 | HP OfficeJet Pro L7580 Color All-in-One...
84 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: