Question about Microwave Ovens
The burning smell is usually a bad high voltage transformer, but it may possibly be a bad magnetron.
You should have a 5-year warranty on the magnetron.
GE Customer Service is at http://www.geappliances.com/service_and_support/contact/
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
William E. Miller, AS-EET
Posted on Apr 18, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 15, 2010 | GE JES1855 Microwave Oven
Aug 12, 2010 | GE JES1855 Microwave Oven
Mar 23, 2010 | Kenmore 63252 Microwave Oven
Dec 21, 2017 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Jun 03, 2009 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...
Feb 20, 2009 | GE JES1855 Microwave Oven
Dec 28, 2008 | GE Microwave Ovens
May 31, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
214 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!