Question about RCA RCR311B Remote Control
You may not need the actual code book. You can manually "search" the "library" of codes stored in the remote by following these instructions:
1. Manually turn on the TV
2. Press and hold the TV button The illuminated ON•OFF key turns on and remains on.
3. While holding the component key down, press and hold the ON•OFF key. The illuminated ON•OFF key turns off.
4. After holding down both keys for three seconds, the illuminated ON•OFF key turns back on.
5. Release both keys. The illuminated ON•OFF key remains on. TIP: Throughout the programming of each key, be sure to keep the remote pointed at the IR sensor of the component you are currently programming the remote to control.
6. Press and release the ON•OFF key repeatedly until your component turns off. Each time you press the ON•OFF key, the illuminated ON•OFF key blinks, and the next
code in the list is sent. This process continues until all of the codes in the Code Lists have been searched. If your component turns off, you have found the correct code.
TIP: Because there are so many codes, you may have to press the ON•OFF key many times-possibly up to 200 times.
7. Once you have found the correct code, you must save the new code by pressing and releasing the STOP key. The illuminated ON•OFF key turns off. You must press the STOP key to save the code or the correct code will not be stored!
8. To confirm that the component key is programmed with the correct code for maximum functionality, test the component. Attempt to control a variety of the component's functions with the remote. If some of the features of your components do not work, try programming the remote with a different code in the list until you find the code that allows the remote to control the majority of your component's functions. Different codes can provide different levels of functionality.
(from Answers.com) I hope this helps! Der Strom
Posted on Sep 27, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 24, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 07, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Jan 15, 2011 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Feb 26, 2010 | Hasbro Electronic Battleship
Dec 14, 2008 | Televison & Video
Apr 24, 2008 | Philips Universal PH301S Remote Control
Apr 11, 2008 | Broksonic CTVG-5463GVC 19" TV
Mar 20, 2008 | Televison & Video
114 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: