Question about Canon FAX-JX200
Posted by beryl2 on Aug 11, 2008
just brought a Fax JX200 and am having great diffuclty working out a problem , problem being we also have a 2 phone dual handset and the problem is when the phone rings it goes straight to fax on all 3 phones even when its a phone call. We believe it is in the setting up of the fax phone as we had a fax before and that was fine, and every thing we have tried has not succeeded in changing this problem, with our new fax phone.
looking forward to hearing from you and hoping you can help me.
13 Cohen Street
Rosebery Tasmania 7470
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Still need a solution for this problem?
It sounds like Tel/Fax mode is not set, but that the machine is likely in Fax Only mode. The JX200 has four modes of fax receipt - Fax/Tel, Manual, Answering Machine, and Fax Only. The Fax/Tel mode, which you have indicated is your desire, is meant to let the fax machine automatically switch between fax and voice calls. Documents are received automatically, and the machine rings for voice calls.
Set the mode by pressing [Receive Mode/Resolution]. Every time you press [Receive Mode/Resolution], the mode changes cyclically. If you set Fax/Tel mode, you can control precisely how the fax handles incoming calls by adjusting the following settings:
• Adjust the time the fax takes to check whether a call is from a fax machine or a telephone (<RING START TIME> setting).
• Adjust the length of time the fax rings when the call is a voice call (<TEL RING TIME> setting).
• Set whether the fax switches to receive mode after the ring time set in <TEL RING TIME> has elapsed (<DEFAULT ACTION> setting).
1. Press [Menu].
2. Use arrows to select <DATA REGISTRATION>, then press [Start/Copy]. The LCD displays <USER SETTINGS>.
3. Use arrows to select <RX SETTINGS>, then press [Start/Copy]. The LCD displays <ECM RX>.
4. Use arrows to select <FAX/TEL AUTO SW>, then press [Start/Copy]. The LCD displays <RING START TIME>.
5. Press [Start/Copy]. The LCD displays <8SEC.>
6. Use the numeric buttons, or arrows to enter the time the fax waits before ringing when it receives a call, then press [Start/Copy] twice. (This is the time the machine spends checking for a fax signal before ringing for the call to be answered as a telephone call.)
7. Use the numeric buttons, or arrows to enter the time the fax rings while waiting for someone to pick up the Handset, then press [Start/Copy] twice. The LCD displays <RECEIVE>.
8. Use arrows to select <RECEIVE> or <DISCONNECT>, then press [Start/Copy]. This setting tells the fax what to do if the Handset is not picked up within the specified ring time set in step 6.
9. Press [Stop].
Setting ends and the fax returns to standby mode. The machine will now handle calls as indicated in the settings you input.
If this information assists you in resolving the problem, please take a moment to rate the solution at a "FixYa" level. If you do not feel that you can rate at a "FixYa", please post back with more information regarding what has occurred subsequently and/or more details regarding the situation, and I will gladly help you until we have reached a definitive solution. Thank you for using and rating FixYa!
Posted on Aug 16, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 20, 2010 | Canon FAX JX200 Fax / copier Plain Paper...
Apr 22, 2010 | Canon FAX-JX200
Mar 30, 2010 | Canon FAX JX200 Fax / copier Plain Paper...
Jul 27, 2009 | Canon FAX-JX200
Aug 21, 2008 | Canon FAX-JX200
Aug 12, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 11, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
456 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: