Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
1. Press the "Reverse" switch on your shredder with one hand while gently pulling the jammed paper back toward you. This should free any jammed paper from your shredder. If it does not, go to the next step.
2. Turn your shredder off and unplug it from the wall outlet. Allow your shredder to cool down for at least one hour before touching the shredder head and gears.
3. Remove the shredder head from the wastebasket and pull out any clumps of paper in the shredder.
4. Use a letter opener or a pair of tweezers to remove small pieces of paper that you see in the shredder, and then use a can of compressed air to force out stubborn paper particles stuck in the gears.
5. Place the shredder head back on the wastebasket or canister and plug it back in, and then coat a full sheet of paper and the gears with shredder oil. Allow the oil to stand 15 minutes and press the "Reverse" button to test your shredder; this should remove any final debris from your machine.
If this doesn't help, please let me know for further directions.
Posted on Jun 20, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 04, 2018 | Staples Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 08, 2016 | Shredder Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 30, 2016 | Shredder Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 25, 2014 | Staples TXC122ACC Cross-Cut Shredder; 12...
Dec 10, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 10, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 16, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 05, 2008 | Office Depot Ativa DQ60M Shredder
544 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!