Dell OptiPlex - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Cant tube watch
If you are trying to watch a movie and don't have a DVD app on your PC. You can download a free one at http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
there is a few companies that claim they are VLC, but they are not. Just use the link. If you are trying to watch You Tube then you may need to download the latest Adobe Flash player.
on Nov 06, 2019
How to unlock a http error 403
HTTP Error 403 is an error message which means that you are not authorized to view the web page which you are attempting to load.
The 403 error is also known as "Forbidden".
The 403 Forbidden error is most often seen when you are attempting to browse to a directory which has directory browsing permissions turned off.
The actual error message you receive will depend upon your web browser. For example, Internet Explorer says "You are not authorized to view this page."
Follow these steps if you get this error:-
1.Make sure the URL is entered correctly
2.Try the URL with a different file extension (.html, .htm, .shtml, .php)
3.Go to the main page of the site and look for a search function
4.Go to Google and search for a similar page
on Oct 17, 2019
I NEED SOUNDCARD OPTIPLEX GX520
if you are referring to the actuak sound card device, you'll need to purchase one, however, if you are referring to the sound card driver, you can go to support.dell.com, then click the link for drivers and downloads, enter your service tag and look under the AUDIO category to download the applicable driver for your sound card that is compatible to your operating system. hope this info comes useful
on Jun 14, 2019
Invalid configuration information-please run setup
Did you install a new hard drive, CD drive or DVD drive?
When a new drive is installed it needs to be configured in the BIOS. If so you need to go into the setup (BIOS) menu and then hold down the and keys and the press the and key to re detect newly installed IDE drives.
IDE (Integrated Drive Electronics) refers to the interface circuit that the motherbrd uses to communicate with your hard drive, CD drive or DVD drive.
on Mar 16, 2019
How can I defrag my Dell optiplex760?
How to Defrag a Dell Computer
1. Open the My Computer window. To do this on a Dell computer, click on the "Start" button at the bottom of the screen. Then, click "My Computer".
2. Choose the hard disk drive that you want to defrag. Locate the section entitled "Hard Disk Drives." In this section is a list of hard drives on the computer. For most Dell computers, the hard disk drive you will want to defrag is Local Disk (C:).
3. Right-click on the hard disk drive you want to defrag on the Dell computer. If you want to defrag your C: drive, then right-click on "Local Disk (C:)". A menu bar will appear.
4. Click on "Properties." "Properties" is the last option on the menu bar. This opens the Local Disk (C:) Properties window.
5. Click the "Tools" tab. The Tools tab is the second tab in the Local Disk (C:) Properties window. The tabs are located on the top of the window.
6. Click the "Defragment Now" button. The "Defragment Now" button is in the Defragmentation section of the window. This opens the Disk Defragmenter window.
7. Click to select the disk drive you want to defrag on a Dell computer and then click "Defragment." For most Dell computers, this will be (C:). After you click "Defragment," the Dell computer will first analyze the disk drive you selected and then beginning defragging the Dell computer.
8. Wait for the "Defragmentation is Complete" message. If you have not defragged a Dell computer in a long time, then the defragging process might take a while, even as long as an hour for very fragmented Dell computers. Allow the Dell computer to run the defrag until the process is completed. You will know that the Dell computer has completed the defrag process when the "Defragmentation is Complete" message appears.
9. View the defrag report and then close the window. If you want to view the defrag report, click "View Report." Otherwise, click "Close" to close the window.
on Mar 10, 2019
Strike f1 retry boot f2
Question posted in 2014, almost 5 years back, laptop by this time seems to be abandoned or scrapped? and if still searching only solution is to change the Hard Disk Drive
on Mar 10, 2019
DELL 745 series, showing, invalid configuration information- please run setup program. Drive 0: Disk Drive, Drive 1: CD-ROM Device.
DELL 745 series (dell OptiPlex desktop ) that? 14 years old today.
That is BIOS going nuts for 1 or 2 reasons
first if 14 years old facts of life.
the RTC coin cell is bad. replace it first
here is the list of PCs over 7 years old.
yours is 2x that, ok?
1: new RTC NVRAM CMOS COIN CELL TIME.
replace this now or BIOS goes NUTS, Wonky/wacky.
2: then we test the HDD most this old are bad.
ask how to test the HDD,
3: if HDD tests ok try the magic HP F11 key.
aka: the HP Recovery partition factory reset to day 1, trick (covered in the free manual at hp.com
the best hdd test of all is.
on Mar 04, 2019
Blinking amber power button light on Optiplex 990
It seems you have a problem with your Processor regulator that is why your computer sending an amber message.
This problem always happens to Dell Optiplex mostly and there is no solution for this except replacing your Motherboard.
To verify this problem unplug yellow (2 yellow and 2 black cables) cables near the processor and then try to turn it on when you see the fan processor can run smoothly and the power light getting green that is the sign that your processor regulator having some sort of problem.
Hope this will answer your problem
on Nov 13, 2018
Not finding what you are looking for?