Krups Toaster Ovens - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Setting clock on krups toaster oven
When the oven is first plugged in "12:00" appears on the display.
• Press the "Timer" button twice. The display will begin to blink "12:00".
• Adjust the time in steps of one minute by pressing the "+" or "-"
• If you hold the button pressed down for more than 6 seconds, the
time will change quicker.
• Press the "Timer" button to enter the time in the system.
If you do not press the "Timer" button, the time will be
entered automatically after 30 seconds.
Krups FBC5 1600...
on Sep 17, 2019
Krups Toaster Oven elements stopped heating up
this is all to common . what thought happend did happen . the control board went bad and the elements where stuck on . inside there is a thermal fuse ,it blew out and saved you from haveing a fire but now the oven is dead . if you replaced the fuse it would just do it again and the board cannot be bought so your out of luck . on your next oven stay away from electronic controls . i am shocked you got 3 years out if it ,most go bad mutch sooner
Krups FBC1 1600...
on Mar 07, 2017
How do we change the
I ordered bulbs online at http://www.smallappliance.com/
They come in a set of 6, you can't order less than that, I looked all over the place. Here is the part number: Krups SS-185303 Heating Element. You might want to find them on Amazon.com because by the time you order them from the above website, with shipping, it will come to more than you will pay total on Amazon and it's coming from the same place. Just in case Amazon doesn't have them in stock (you never know) I wanted to give you the source for the bulbs.
- Unplug unit and remove all trays and racks and crumb tray. (I took this time to do some much needed deep cleaning too.)
- First you have to remove the old bulb. I tried it the hard way by trying to pull it out - it's connected with screws on the left and right to the connector wires.
- I placed the oven on a big light colored towel and had a cup ready to place all my screws in. I also took pictures of it before I started taking it apart so I had something to reference when putting back together. I used a small sharp phillips head screw driver, DW40, household oil, a set of leather household gloves and patience.
- I first removed the cover of the whole oven by starting with the bottom legs (there's a screw under the rubber foot), the bottom, back and then removed screws on the face/door. Becareful of the door hinge. You might want to use some household oil or DW40 before you start to attempt this. My oven is 6 years old and we've used it everyday. There was some accumulated stuff around the screws.
- Carefully remove cover of oven and door/face. There's going to be a thick wire that will connect the interface circuit board to the internal boards so again, becareful when removing the face of the oven. The glass door may pop out of the hinge so, again, becareful.
- Make sure and observe how the door hinge and spring are placed and take a picture as you're going to have to put it back together.
- When I got to the connector of the bulbs I had to use, very carefully, some more household oil on the screw.l I held the ceramic socket with my leather utility gloves on and gently applied pressure to get the screw loose on both sides.
- Carefully place new bulb in hole/holders and gently screw the wires back on, start with the right side (facing the oven).
- Reassemble the door hinge if you took it off. and place the face on just for position.
- Attach the outer cover, back first and then bottom.
- Attach face and make sure hinge is working properly and you've tucked that wire back in.
- Attach legs.
- Remove anything else plugged into socket you use for the oven (just in case it blows the socket which has happened with some DIY repair in our house). Plug in oven and test it out.
- I hope this has helped you. If not, find some coupons for Bed Bath and Beyond and purchase a new one and sell your extra bulbs on ebay or craigslist. Good luck!
Krups FBC2 1600...
on Mar 07, 2017
Not finding what you are looking for?